The fall weather is great right now but winter is just around the corner, so before it arrives, get prepared for that first day in the mountains.
- skis: check bindings and clean debris off base if you did a lot of spring skiing. Gunk and wax left on the base won't make that first day very fun.
- ski boots: shake out the critters so you don't have any surprises when you put your feet in them
- base layers and ski socks: wash them if you never got around to it at the end of the season
- gloves, hat/helmet, goggles: track them down
- snow scrapper/shovel: put them in the car now so you don't forget
- snow tires: you need them to get to get to Alta--don't wait till the last minute to get them on your car--you'll regret it
Stop by the Alta Lodge for breakfast, lunch or apres ski on opening day--we would love to see you!